Examine the life and times of Jack Roosevelt Robinson, who in 1947 lifted a nation and an entire race on his shoulders when he crossed baseball's color line. Ken Burns reveals fascinating stories about the legend's life on and off the field.
- "Part One" - April 11, 8 p.m.
Robinson integrates Magor League Baseball, performing brilliantly despite threats and abuse.
- "Part Two" - April 12 , 8 p.m.
Robinson uses his fame to speak out against infustice, risking his enormous popularity.
"Jack Robinson" Preview Screenings
- Minority Business Town Hall - Tuesday, April5 at 5:30 p.m. Conway Area Chamber of Commerce - 900 Oak St.
- Mosaic Templar Cultural Center - Saturday, April 9 at 1 p.m. 501 W. 9th, Little Rock.
- Dickey Stephens Ball Park - Sunday, April 10 at 4:30 p.m. 400@. Broadway St., North Little Rock
"Jackie Robinson Day at the Lamar Porter Sports Complex"
Come experience the newly rennovated Lamar Porter Sports Complex and be a part of the Opening Day of Little Rock's Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) Program. This free public event also invites visitors to donate new and used baseball equipment for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Arkansas. 1616 W. 3rd St. Little Rock. Sunday, April 24 from 1-4 p.m.
Funding is provided by Bank of America; Public Broadcasting Servies; Corporation for Public Broadcasting; The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations; Dalio Foundation; Mr. Jack C. Taylor, and members of The Better Angels Society, including Jessia & John Fullerton and John & Catherine Debs.